Tuesday 21 February 2012

Trend Alert; Tweed


Last year i bought the most beautiful tweed blazer, i'd been looking for one for quite some time so when i just happened to walk in to a charity/vintage shop in the local town of Shrewsbury i grabbed it right then and there! This was before they where back into fashion so i snagged it for a bargin price of £5!!

 But there was a downside; I'm a size ten but the blazer was a 16! So with a bit of the old sewing kit out i think i managed to do an okay job of taking it in, fits like a glove!



I was in college today so i thought this outfit suited, I teamed the Tweed up with my leather River Island shorts (they have a post to themselve's further down), a over sized cream blouse and finally Brogues with a tartan inlay.
Find It:
Tweed Blazer - Random Charity Shop
Shorts - River Island
Brogues - primark
Blouse - Peacocks

Also accesorised with my Alexander McQueen style inspired scarf, because lets face it its still only february so by adding the scarf and thick wollen tights its makes sure you wont be looking like you don't own a calender!
Make Up:
As I was only in college today i didnt want to wear heavy make-up and weigh the outfit down, so instead I decided for a slick black eyeliner flicked at the end (usually the everyday look), with white and cream eye shadow tinting my eyes. I went for red lips, daring for me to say the least as i usually like to stickto my peaches and pale pinks. But i wanted to add a more sophisticated feel. I also tried to make my nail polish also matches the lips so went for a bright red!
Accessories:
Ring & Earings - Primark
Headband - New look
Scarf - Internet
'Daniel' Bracelet - Shop abroad

9 comments:

  1. loving your blog, I have that scarf!:)

    followeed..follow back?xx

    abigailhanley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, im a big fan of yoursi looked on it and have to say instant follow <3 xxxxx

      Delete
  2. amazing blog, you have great style!! that tweed blazer is super cute :)

    xoxo,

    janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it's one of my fav's at the moment! <3 xxxxx

      Delete
  3. Love this look, you look totally gorgeous :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely, really pretty scarf x

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so good!! love your style.- jade xx

    www.alright-blondie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comment and for following! You have a wonderful blog and I followed you right back :)
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete